Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bi-Annual Competitions?

Go down 
+3
Alphonsecickase
thelostcause
asian
7 posters
AuthorMessage
asian
Admin

Bi-Annual Competitions? Empty
PostSubject: Bi-Annual Competitions?   Bi-Annual Competitions? EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 7:49 pm

ARMF Bi-Annual Competitions [Format]
Format Created By, Joseph Eun (Asian)

- Held bi-annually. (twice a year)
- Contestants are given a certain amount of time to complete said competition, depending on the difficulty, and type of challenge.

Quote :
-Mapping competitions will be given around three (3) to four (4) months of time, depending on the size of the map. No exceptions.
- Graphics competitions will be given around one (1) month of time. No exceptions.
- Other competitions will vary in time.
- Competitions are to promote the clan.

Quote :
- Hence, it being sponsored by ARMF.
- The winners will receive one free game of their own, bought through Steam™, that are within a reasonable price range.

Quote :
- Games only available through Steam™, or ones that may be purchased through Steam™.
- Sponsors for the competitions will be found if approved.

Quote :
Approved By

Head Admin (requires majority rule):
1. Joseph (Asian)
2. Dan (futboler)

Members:
1. Alphonse

*add more slots for members if needed.

Last edited by asian on Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:07 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
thelostcause

thelostcause

PostSubject: Re: Bi-Annual Competitions?   Bi-Annual Competitions? EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 11:11 pm

Im in. Mapping Competion here i come Very Happy. Btw can i use an already used map or unfinished one i had?
Back to top Go down
asian
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bi-Annual Competitions?   Bi-Annual Competitions? EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 1:02 am

Must be started from scratch.

VMF files will be sent in, you can't hide when the file was first created lol.

.asian
Back to top Go down
asian
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bi-Annual Competitions?   Bi-Annual Competitions? EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 2:06 am

Apparently some of yall don't get what I mean by this.

Mapping and graphics competitions are just one of the few ideas that may be used as a theme for these competitions.

.asian
Back to top Go down
Alphonsecickase

Alphonsecickase

PostSubject: Re: Bi-Annual Competitions?   Bi-Annual Competitions? EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 6:41 am

Hell yeah! Video/Poster competitions Very Happy I might not be good at any of these, but hell, I'll do anything once.
Back to top Go down
thelostcause

thelostcause

PostSubject: Re: Bi-Annual Competitions?   Bi-Annual Competitions? EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 5:35 pm

lol thats alright asain. i just wanted to see whether i could finish working on one of my myps that i started a while ago but i can starrt a new one Smile
in fact ive already brainstormed ideas for it lol
Back to top Go down
asian
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bi-Annual Competitions?   Bi-Annual Competitions? EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 8:04 pm

This isn't gonna feature a free for all theme for mapping competitions. There are restrictions, certain things that must be included, size limit, and themes.

I will not be able to participate in the mapping competitions or graphics competitions that I create, sadly, so yeah.

.asian
Back to top Go down
asian
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bi-Annual Competitions?   Bi-Annual Competitions? EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 8:05 pm

Though I will say that the first competitions may be a mapping one. xD

.asian
Back to top Go down
thelostcause

thelostcause

PostSubject: Re: Bi-Annual Competitions?   Bi-Annual Competitions? EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 8:56 pm

Hmm when making the starting screen for the map(in other words this) Can it be What ever i feel like making? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
asian
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bi-Annual Competitions?   Bi-Annual Competitions? EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 2:34 am

Starting screens aren't in any part a requirement, but it cannot be taken from a previous map you've made.

.asian
Back to top Go down
thelostcause

thelostcause

PostSubject: Re: Bi-Annual Competitions?   Bi-Annual Competitions? EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 4:34 am

lol i figured that since its pretty advanced anyways nd most people dont know how to but i just wanted to make sure Smile
Back to top Go down
Majeh

Majeh

PostSubject: Re: Bi-Annual Competitions?   Bi-Annual Competitions? EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 7:22 pm

Can there be a stupid comic competition?
Back to top Go down
asian
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bi-Annual Competitions?   Bi-Annual Competitions? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:47 am

If the hosts can agree to that, yes majeh maybe.

We're thinking of adding this to the competitions.
Making the competitions open to the public, but then hold an admission fee to possibly pay for the grand prize.
There will be First, Second, and Third prize winners, but then also have 2 honorable mentions, that receive free admission to the next competition, or a competition of choice. That way we can keep attention from returning participants, and possibly attract more of others.

This idea was brought up by Alphonse Wink

.asian
Back to top Go down
asian
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bi-Annual Competitions?   Bi-Annual Competitions? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:55 am

Update:

For any mapping competitions, the BSP files and the VMF files will be sent to me to undergo inspection. Your maps will be tested one 4 computers by myself. And any additional computer from other judges. Be warned, any sign of cheating will AUTOMATICALLY disqualify you.

.asian
Back to top Go down
John

John

PostSubject: Re: Bi-Annual Competitions?   Bi-Annual Competitions? EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:55 am

sign me up do it cmon

everyones doing it
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/armffanclub
Alphonsecickase

Alphonsecickase

PostSubject: Re: Bi-Annual Competitions?   Bi-Annual Competitions? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 2:20 am

I say we do it. Everyone will love the spice and we may attract attention to the clan. If Wes was here, I think he'd say the same.
Back to top Go down
asian
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bi-Annual Competitions?   Bi-Annual Competitions? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 4:47 am

We just need Wes' approval on the competitions, and we need to come up with a price for admission fee.
I also say if a clan has like more than a certain number of people joining, we can give them like a group admission fee, cheaper than buying seperate. Wink

.asian
Back to top Go down
darkbrownbds
Admin
darkbrownbds

PostSubject: Re: Bi-Annual Competitions?   Bi-Annual Competitions? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 4:17 pm

go for it homies sounds fun but i wont be around to check it out let me know how it goes
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/HAT_HORN
thelostcause

thelostcause

PostSubject: Re: Bi-Annual Competitions?   Bi-Annual Competitions? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 11:37 pm

Ooo do i have to pay to get in? silent
Back to top Go down
asian
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bi-Annual Competitions?   Bi-Annual Competitions? EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 5:51 am

To make it fair, yes. It'll just be a small fee as to pay for the grand prize winner's game, and possibly games for later competitions too.

well we got the final approval, i'll work on the entrance fees, and the "posters".

.asian
Back to top Go down
homer j. simpson

PostSubject: Re: Bi-Annual Competitions?   Bi-Annual Competitions? EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 2:52 am

Hey it's Homer from Enigma. I'm totally up for this, let me know when this is going on.

Besides the entry fee may I suggest the following:

1. Map size min and max or maybe a set size to make it so we are all on the same playing field.
  2. Note what the map is for, I assume these would all be for GG, so maybe when judging it, does it have too many camping spots, is it open, does it play fair to both sides, stuff like that.
  3. Can we give you a map we already use that has proven to work well?
  4. How many maps can we enter

Just some ideas, either way, let me know when your doing this.
Back to top Go down
asian
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bi-Annual Competitions?   Bi-Annual Competitions? EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 2:54 am

Buddy, that's all in the form I'm working on, lol. I'm way ahead of you Wink

.asian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bi-Annual Competitions?   Bi-Annual Competitions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bi-Annual Competitions?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome :: Clan News-
Jump to: